What is a Russian Work Visa Invitation?
Work invitation to Russia is a document required to obtain a work visa, allows you to stay continuously in Russia during the whole period of its validity (1-3 years). Process of issuing such a visa sufficiently difficult because it requires preliminary search of the employer which is ready to help you get the documents permitting you to work in a Russian company.
Table of contents:
Work invitation to Russia — main parameters:
|Validity period||for 1 or 3 years|
|Visa multiplicity||Multiple-entry, continuous stay|
|Processing term||More than 30 days|
|Average cost||from 635$|
Invitation to Russia must be issued on the official letterhead of the MIA and contain the following information:
- Name of the employer’s company
- Number of specialists involved
- Other important information
Obtaining a work permit in the 2020 is difficult procedure requiring competent legal support. I’ve made request form for the convenience. After receiving your request, the system sends it automatically to companies providing services to help you obtain invitations.
After you obtain your invitation, there’s nothing complicated. Here is a short list of necessary actions:
- Bear a valid passport
- Get invitation to Russia
- Get medical insurance
- Complete a visa application form on visa.kdmid.ru and print it
- Glue a picture 3,5х4,5 cm of you on a form
- Pay a consular (visa) fee
- Submit or send documents to the Russian diplomatic authority (passport, invitation, insurance, application form, receipt)
- Wait from 1 to 10 calendar days * and get a passport with a visa inside
* — Only for the EU citizens. It is from 1 to 20 business days for others
- Processing terms
- Which documents are required for the invitation?
- How to get a work invitation
Quick review video:
In order to obtain a work invitation employer company must make a request to the Ministry of Internal Affairs and submit a pack of necessary documents. It takes about 30 days to get the invitation.
After receiving your work invitation, you should proceed with applying for a work visa to a Russian Consulate. Amount of time you need to wait the issuance of a visa depends on a certain Consulate.
In order to issue a work invitation for you, your employer will need the following documents and information:
- Copy of your passport and its translation to the Russian language certified by a Russian notary;
- Copy of your higher education diploma with attachments and notarized translation of your diploma to the Russian language;
- Colorized matte photo without corner (4 pics, 3,5х4,5 cm sized);
- Precise address of residence in a country of your citizenship;
- Country and a city where you are going to apply for a work visa to Russia;
- Cities you plan to visit in Russia;
- Place of residence in Russia;
- Expected date of arrival.
In order to apply for a work visa it is necessary to obtain a work invitation. Only an employer wanting to hire you can help to issue it.
It is useful to know the following information about the procedure of issuing a work invitation:
- Work invitation to Russia is issued to get a work visa, which validity period is 1 or 3 years.
- You must apply for the work visa to Russia to a Russian Consulate of a country of your citizenship.
- Work permit as well as work invitation to Russia is issued by a Russian employer ready to hire you.
- You must obtain your work permit card in person at the MIA section after your arrival to Russia under the work visa.
- Employer company must take the responsibility for you to register at the migration service of Russia.
- You must register during 7 days after crossing the borders of Russian Federation.
- If you bear a work visa, you can arrive to Russia during the whole period of validity when you need and as many times as you need.
The following legal acts were used to write this article:
- Federal law N 114-ФЗ от 15.08.1996 – О порядке выезда из Российской Федерации и въезда в Российскую Федерацию
- Russian government decree N 335 от 09.06.2003 – Положение об установлении формы визы, порядка и условий ее оформления и выдачи, продления срока ее действия, восстановления ее в случае утраты, а также порядка аннулирования визы
If you have any questions ask them in the comments to this article. I will try to answer them all.