What is a Russian Tourist Visa Invitation?
Tourist invitation to Russia is an official document required to issue a tourist visa to Russia. Tourist visa to Russia is issued under the tourist invitation for a period not exceeding 30 days.
Table of contents:
Invitation for a tourist visa to Russia — rules of the issuance and prices:
|Period of validation||1-30 days|
|Visa multiplicity||Single, double-entry|
|Processing term||5-10 minutes online|
Each tourist invitation has its own unique number. There are no special requirements for the appearance of invitations, so each travel agency prints it on their own letterheads. Usually tourist invitation is a A4 page subdivided into 2 parts: voucher for the provision of tourist services and confirmation of acceptance of a tourist.
You can buy an invitation from several companies. I have reviewed companies providing such services and I recommend invitations from the Online Service in the 2019 and 2020 because it is the most convenient and cheapest service. Also you can see the list of all companies providing such service.
After you obtain an invitation, it’s simple. Short action list:
- Bear a valid passport
- Get invitation to Russia
- Get medical insurance
- Complete a visa application form on visa.kdmid.ru and print it
- Glue a picture 3,5х4,5 cm of you on a form
- Pay a consular (visa) fee
- Submit or send documents to the Russian diplomatic authority (passport, invitation, insurance, application form, receipt)
- Wait from 1 to 10 calendar days * and get a passport with a visa inside
* — Only for the EU citizens. It is from 1 to 20 business days for others
- What is a tourist invitaion for?
- What does a tourist invitation mean?
- What information does an invitation contain?
Quick review video:
In order to go sightseeing and get acquainted with the culture of the country, you need to apply to a Russian Consulate and submit a pack of documents including the tourist invitation. Exception is for the citizens of countries which have visa-free regime with Russia. On the basis of such package of documents you can get a tourist visa to Russia.
If you want to spend more than 30 days in Rusiian, you can apply for a business visa, in this case you will need a business invitation. Issuance of such invitation may take a lot of time while the issuance of the tourist invitation takes only 10 minutes. You can order a tourist invitation to Russia at the Online Service. Moreover it can be done either by you or an inviting party.
Presence of the tourist invitation consisting of a tourist voucher and confirmation of acceptance proves a fact that you have purchased a right to receive tourist services. Company which issued a tourist invitation takes a responsibility for you on the Russian territory.
Tourist invitation necessarily contains the following data:
- Name and surname
- Date of birth
- Passport’s serial number, date of expiry
- Purpose of a trip to Russia
- Route of a trip through Russia
- Places of accomodation
- Visa multiplicity (single, double-entry)
- Planned dates of crossing Russian borders
Tourist voucher may contain some additional information if needed.
The following information about tourist organization inviting you to Russia indicates in a tourist invitation:
- Name of a legal entity;
- Legal address and phone number;
- Reference number;
- Tour agency’s ID from the Unified Federal register of tour operators.
The following legal acts were used to write this article:
- Federal law N 114-ФЗ от 15.08.1996 – О порядке выезда из Российской Федерации и въезда в Российскую Федерацию
- Russian Government decree N 335 от 09.06.2003 – Положение об установлении формы визы, порядка и условий ее оформления и выдачи, продления срока ее действия, восстановления ее в случае утраты, а также порядка аннулирования визы
If you have any questions ask them in the comments to this article. I will try to answer them all.