Useful information and FAQ

During reading of information about visa policy, people start asking questions.

Some of them are quite difficult and require detailed review.
Go via links to the articles to get the most complete information about topics of your interest.

Information on this website is available in the following languages:
Russian Russian, English English.

Russian Visa — FAQ

Here you can find frequently asked questions and get detailed answers.

Which Russian Consulate should I choose to apply for a visa?

Any Consulate outside Russian Federation. Exception is for some migration risk countries. In that case you can get a visa only in a Consulate of a country of your citizenship.


If you have any questions ask them in the comments to this article. I will try to answer them all.

Ask a question


0 thoughts on “Useful information and FAQ

  • Micheline says:

    Hello Sergey,

    I am a South African citizen and I have received my letter of invitation from the company that I will be working for in Russia.
    The invitation is for 3 months, however the company has indicated that if everything goes well they will extend it for another 3 months.
    My question is, if I have been working in Russia for 6 months and my contract ends with this company, will I be allowed to stay in Russia longer while I look for other work, or will I have to leave Russia as soon as my contract expires?
    If I am able to find another job in Russia with a different company, can my work visa be extended by the new employer or do I have to come back to South Africa and apply for a new work visa?
    My understanding is that South Africans don’t require a visa to be a tourist in Russia. If this is true, can I stay in Russia after my working contract expires as a tourist? Would that be legal?
    Thank you for your time.
    Kind regards,

    • You must leave Russia after your work visa has expired.

      You cannot stay as a tourist. If you want to come to Russia as a tourist. You must travel outside of Russia. Next enter as a tourist.

      It is not necessary to obtain a visa, but you need to leave and enter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.