What is temporary resident visa to Russia?
Read more about temporary resident visa to Russia:
- Average cost
- How to obtain a visa?
- Visa multiplicity
- How does a visa look like?
- Visa for obtaining temporary residence permit
- Extension of the temporary residence permit
- Obtaining temporary residence permit for the former Russian nationals
Temporary resident visa is issued under a Russian temporary residence permit.
Quick video guide:
Validity of this visa is the same as of your temporary residence permit, which is 3 years..
In order to obtain a temporary resident visa, you need to apply for temporary residence permit, which requires a state fee to be paid. If you apply for this visa to local section of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, you don’t have to submit a health insurance policy and certificate of absence of HIV..
In order to obtain this type of visa, you need to apply for the temporary residence permit. If your permit is granted (there are quotas for issuance), then a temporary resident visa will be pasted in your passport. TRP quota is a governmental tool for migration control over the legality of stay in Russia of persons who are not entitled to a temporary residence permit without quota. Inasmuch this limitation restrains an arrival of a large number of foreigners every year, you need to know, that if a quota of a certain region of Russia is exhausted this year, then you need to wait till the beginning of the next calendar year.
In order to obtain a temporary resident visa, you need to bear a valid international passport or or another document recognized by the Russian Federation as identity document. However, in order to obtain TRP you need to submit an application form, 2 photos sized 35х45 mm, ID, documents on the absence of drug addiction and infectious diseases, certificate of absence of HIV, a proof of knowledge of the Russian language, knowledge of Russian history and basic legislation.
You need to apply for this visa type to the local section of Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Temporary resident visa is issued concurrently with the TRP. Temporary residence permit processing term  can be up to 6 months. In order to issue a temporary residence permit, authorities send requests to the social security entity, security authorities, healthcare authority, internal affairs section and others, which determine in 2 months if there are any circumstances to deny the TRP issuance.
Temporary resident visa can be only multiple-entry..
It is a form 120х80 mm sized, pasted in your international passport. It contains the following data:
- visa number;
- visa validity;
- number of days;
- consulate, which has issued a visa;
- name and surname of a foreign citizen in Latin and Cyrillic;
- passport number;
- date of birth;
- visit purpose;
- name of an inviting party.
Temporary resident visa is not the same as visa to enter Russia for obtaining TRP. Such a visa is for single entry and it is issued for up to 4 months.
Bearer of the temporary residence permit entitled to obtain a permanent residency, which allows to stay in Russia permanently. In order to obtain it, you must live in Russia at least for 1 year under your temporary residence permit. You must apply for the permanent residency not later than 6 months before the expiry of your temporary residence permit, which is issued for 3 years. Extension of the temporary residence permit is not provided by the Russian legislation.
Temporary residence permit may be issued out of quota, if you and your family participates in governmental program of assistance in the voluntary resettlement of compatriots living abroad. In this case, temporary residence permit is issued by a regional representative of the Federal executive authority of migration under a foreigner’s application (in written or electronic form) or by the diplomatic authority of your country. Temporary residence permit processing term for the settlers is not more than 60 days.
Temporary resident visa is for those foreign citizens who plan to obtain the permanent residency of Russia in the future or become a citizen of Russia. In order to get it, you need to submit a request to issue the TRP. If case of granting decision, visa and TRP will be pasted into your passport, which is really convenient.
The following legal acts were used to write this article:
- Federal law of 15.08.1996 N 114-ФЗ (ред. от 11.10.2018) – О порядке выезда из Российской Федерации и въезда в Российскую Федерацию.
- Decree of the government of the Russian Federation of 09.06.2003 N 335 (ред. от 20.11.2017) – Об утверждении Положения об установлении формы визы, порядка и условий ее оформления и выдачи, продления срока ее действия, восстановления ее в случае утраты, а также порядка аннулирования визы.
- Federal law of 25.07.2002 N 115-ФЗ (ред. от 19.07.2018) – О правовом положении иностранных граждан в Российской Федерации.
- Order of the 27th of November 2017 N 891 – Об утверждении административного регламента Министерства внутренних дел Российской Федерации по предоставлению государственной услуги по выдаче иностранным гражданам и лицам без гражданства разрешения на временное проживание в Российской Федерации, а также форм отметки и бланка документа о разрешении на временное проживание в Российской Федерации.
If you have any questions ask them in the comments to this article. I will try to answer them all.